Frequently asked questions.

Frequently asked questions.

Malesuada velit et ut malesuada amet tempor velit dui. Nullam amet commodo gravida gravida.

How can a tenant make sure the house is free from electrical hazards?

Tenants have a role to play in keeping themselves safe from electrical hazards.

If you are a tenant and you believe that your property does not meet the required standards, you should contact your landlord and request an EICR. If your landlord does not take action, you can report them to your local authority.

It is important that the landlord use a competent person to carry out the EICR and that you keep up to date with the latest guidance. This will help to ensure that your property is safe and compliant with the law.

The Regulations come into force on the 1st July 2020, and from this date, all new tenancy agreements must include an electrical safety certificate.

An electrical safety certificate is a document that proves that the electrical installation in a property has been inspected and tested by a qualified electrician and is safe to use.